JIRA Server End Of Life
On Friday 16th October 2020, CEO Scott Farquhar publicly announced Atlassian’s future roadmap.
Atlassian’s mission has always been to unleash the potential of teams, and over the years, they’ve invested heavily in their cloud offering as part of a wider initiative to become a cloud-first organisation.
The news of Server reaching its end-of-life (EOL) has come as a bit of a shock to some, especially those who are unable to move to the cloud, but Atlassian’s team has confirmed that they will continue to invest in Data Center.
Those who are able to move to the cloud but have not yet done so, need not worry either as there are options for help.
On Tuesday 2nd February 2021, the following changes will come into effect:
End of new Server licence sales: Customers will no longer be able to purchase or request a quote for a new Server product.
Updates to Server prices: There will be new functionalities to the Data Center product with updated pricing.
On Friday 2nd February 2024, the following will go into effect:
End of support for all Server products: This means that support and bug fixes will no longer be available for Server products.
Key Considerations - Server
- New Purchases: You will not be able to purchase new Server licences after Tuesday 2nd February 2021.
- End of Support: You can continue to renew and receive maintenance and support for your licences up until Friday 2nd February 2024. After this date, support and bug fixes will no longer be available for Server products.
- Upgrades and Downgrades: You can upgrade and downgrade your Server products until Wednesday 2nd February 2022.
- Renewal Pricing: Your Sever renewal pricing may change depending on the products you have and when they were purchased. For more information, click here.
- Marketplace Apps: You can continue to buy new apps from the Marketplace for your Server products until Thursday 2nd February 2023.
Key Considerations - Data Center
Atlassian is strengthening Data Center by making some of their most powerful apps available as native features and offering Priority Support with Data Center subscriptions for most user tiers.
From Tuesday 2nd February 2021:
- Jira Software: To include Advanced Roadmaps (formerly Portfolio for Jira).
- Confluence: To include team Calendars for Confluence, Analytics for Confluence.
- Jira Service Desk: Insight – Asset Management, Insight Discovery.
- Bitbucket Data Center: To include Priority Support for 251 or more users.
- Crowd Data Center: To include Priority Support.
- Bamboo Data Center available: Coming soon.
- New pricing: Details here.
Key Considerations - Atlassian Cloud
It’s never been easier to move to Atlassian Cloud with attractive additional discounts, and free options for certain user tiers.
To discuss this further simply contact us, we’d be more than happy to help.
Key Considerations - Private Cloud (ClearHost)
We understand that Atlassian Cloud might not be the best option for all customers and ClearVision's ClearHost platform offers the ideal middle ground. A privately hosted AWS infrastructure combined with a custom support wrap makes it the most mature private platform in the Atlassian ecosystem. If you wish to explore this or any of the mentioned options please get in touch with them via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do now?
Take advantage of ClearVision's useful content and get all of the information you need before migrating to the cloud. Here is a list of the workshops they are currently running:
- Move to the Atlassian Cloud Workshop.
- Move to Private Cloud Workshop.
- Move to Data Center Workshop.
- Licence Review Workshop.
- Can I stay on Server Workshop?